This week, a dream of mine that I have had for years is finally coming true. After coming out as atheist myself, I’m finally sharing these ways that you can proclaim your open, proud, out-of-the-closet atheism to the world. I’ve created six designs to help you share your atheism (or even your love for this blog) with everyone around you! My official merch shop is here, but I want to break down each design I made and why. I’m incredibly proud of them, and I finally get to show you!
1. The first design is one I’ve had in my head since I first started blogging: the CA logo on the front and my URL on the back.
2. If you’ve been following my blog since the beginning, then you might recognize the quote “I am an atheist.” That’s because this was the title of my first ever blog post, when I was still trying to get comfortable using the word “atheist” to describe myself while simultaneously proclaiming my atheism to the world for the first time.
I especially wanted to design a shirt like this ever since I saw a girl at college that said “I AM A CHRISTIAN” on the front in a similar format. I remember turning to my friend and saying, “People wouldn’t react so well here if I were to wear a shirt like that that said what I believe.” Well, maybe a future Grove City College atheist will have more courage than I did, and proudly wear this shirt on campus!
3. I feel like I’ve seen enough “Not today, Satan” t-shirts in my lifetime. I’d prefer to go a day without hearing all about Jesus instead.
4. This next t-shirt is modeled after the poster I made for my bedroom, with the galaxy showing through the word “Atheist”. I was so glad when I’d moved in with my husband and finally had the freedom to adorn the walls how I wanted instead of with bible verses. And with this merch design, you can show off your atheism, too!
5. My husband and I had been discussing possibly designing and selling merch one day (which has finally come), a long time ago. He began creating designs right away, and “Proud to be Atheist” was one of his original creations.
6. The final design that I created is an excerpt from one of my blog posts. It read, “If God exists and knows everything, can do anything, and is completely good, then he would not want me to go to hell . . . he really should be able to make me believe, if he truly wants to, and if he is all-perfect then he should want to. And it wouldn’t have to be forceful; he would simply have to show himself to me or at least show me substantial evidence of his existence. What exactly would I find to be acceptable evidence? If he’s omniscient, then he knows. Yet here I am, unconvinced and hellbound. “
So these are my five official merch designs! They all come on a variety of products, and I really hope you love them! You can shop here, or click on any of the product photos in the post to go directly to them. If you’d rather shop another time, a link to my shop has also been added in my top menu. I’ve also created a promo code to get everything started, so you can get $5 off with the code ‘CLOSET’! And let me know in the comments which design is your favorite and why!